This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Kingdom Story the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account": means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
"Content": means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
"Cookie": means a small text file placed on your computer by Kingdom Story Ltd when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
"Data": means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
"Kingdom Story": means Kingdom Story, ADDRESS;
"Service": means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Kingdom Story makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
"System": means any online communications infrastructure that Kingdom Story makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
"User" / "Users": means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Kingdom Story and acting in the course of their employment; and
"Website": means the website that you are currently using (www.thekingdomstory.org) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.yourschool.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 date of birth;
- 2.3 job title & profession;
- 2.4 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.5 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.6 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.7 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.8 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.9 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.10 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.11 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Kingdom Story for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
Kingdom Story may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Kingdom Story requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 Kingdom Story may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
- 6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 6.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 6.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- 8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
Data security is of great importance to Kingdom Story and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
10. Changes to this Policy
11. Contacting Us
Rob DeKlotz Biography
Rob DeKlotz joined Kingdom Story Ministries as part-time executive director in August of 2020. As an organizational leader with over 40 years of experience with several dynamic and growing organizations Rob has a proven track record of leadership in tackling challenges and growing ministries. Rob served with CRU in campus ministry from 1981-1995. He then spent 21 years on executive teams at Mariners Church, Saddleback Church and South Shores Church. Beginning in 2017, he was COO at Operation Snap Dragon, a global media company partnering with JESUS Film in Asia and then Executive Director of Soul Shepherding. In 2020 he launched a new endeavor, Kingdom Initiatives. His vision is to help churches, ministries, and non-profits live out their peak effectiveness in their kingdom task. Rob is a graduate of UC Berkeley (BA in Economic History) and Talbot School of Theology (M’Div. in Bible Exposition) He has been married 39 years to Jennifer, an MFT with a practice in Mission Viejo, and has four adult kids and 3 grandchildren. He lives in Irvine, CA and enjoys travel, tennis and everything his kids and grandkids like to do.
Branden Hubbell Biography
Branden joined the Kingdom Story team in the fall of 2015, and is involved in the Leadership Institute program. Read Branden’s story below and how he began his involvement with KSM.
My background begins as a coach. 11 years ago I began coaching the sport of all-star cheerleading. For many years I coached young men and women through the sport of cheerleading. However, the difference for me was that I also cared about the soul of the kid that was in front of me. I didn’t know it, but all those years spent coaching taught me transferable skills for how to be a discipler for Jesus Christ. After 11 years coaching, God called me out of the all-star cheerleading realm and into vocational ministry.
My ministry career began with Kingdom Story Ministries. I first became a student of the Leadership Institute in the fall of 2014. I wanted to grow deeper in the knowledge of Christ. I knew much about the scripture, but I didn’t know that it all connected somehow, and that the words on the paper had something to do with my life right now. During the first couple of months as a student, John noticed in me a passion for God’s word, and for teaching and coaching people. He took me under his wing and I become an intern for Kingdom Story learning the ropes, traveling to China, and immersing myself into the curriculum as well as orienting my life for a life set on serving Jesus.
After a year, I was brought on the KSM staff as the Leadership Institute (LI) Program Director. This program is designed to take individuals through a 9-month intensive that will help participants develop fundamental leadership skills, relational skills, and scriptural knowledge. If someone wants to know Jesus and the Bible story better, and enter into God’s ongoing story in their own city, the LI can help get them there. I am passionate about the possibilities of this program for the future in Pierce County.
Dr. Richard Mutura (PhD) Biography
A Biblical theologian with 18+ years of experience of training pastors and leaders in theological seminaries and universities. Called to prepare the African church to make its contribution to world Christianity and transform communities using the gospel. A leader and a disciple-maker. An innovator, opening new platforms for advancing the cause of Christ in Africa. Passionate mentor and coach supporting churches to develop a culture of discipleship that is a process rather than a program. A thought-leader creating a robust workplace ministry ecosystem where "every believer becomes a minister and every place, a place of ministry" for sustainable transformation of African communities.
John Lewis Biography
Below is a bio from John; woven in it is the larger story behind… the Kingdom Story.
I grew up much of my life in Tacoma, Washington and went to Clover Park High School. I received my undergraduate degree in Business Administration at Pacific Lutheran University in 1983, and then immediately came on the Young Life staff. After four years of youth ministry in Tacoma and Port Angeles, an internship in a nationally recognized college ministry beckoned me to Bellingham, WA; here I was deeply exposed to a mentor and a ministry committed to making disciples. Bellingham became home for a year. (1987-88). The following year I joined forces with Young Life in Tacoma and began a college ministry at the University of Puget Sound (!988-89). I remained the director for another twelve years, officed in the inner city and I experimented widely with how to disciple students. All along the way, I took classes part time at Fuller Seminary, which integrated well with my ministry experience. Foundational convictions about life and ministry flourished in these ministry years. An internship program was begun with the college ministry (now called Tacoma College Ministry) in 1995 that birthed and used the Kingdom Story (KS) curriculum as an essential ingredient for their training.
In 1988 I met my soon to be best friend and wife Carissa. We spent a sabbatical year overseas before we had children, half of that time spent in Hong Kong and half in Israel in a study program. My eyes were opened wider to the world of different cultures and the world of the Bible. I finished my Masters of Divinity at Fuller upon returning.
Having left the full time college ministry position in 2001, I spent the next four years splitting my time as volunteer and staff for both University Place Presbyterian Church (Adult Discipleship pastor) and Northwest Leadership Foundation. I continued to develop the KS curriculum and experimented with a church based internship program. In 2004, I received a Doctorate of Transformational Ministry from Bakke Graduate University; my project focused on a one year holistic, church based, city wide transformational intern program that was designed to be transferable to other cultures. I used the KS as my primary curriculum and approach for the participants.
Carissa, myself and our three children, Jonathan, Elizabeth and Rachel packed up and moved to Beijing in 2005 for a two year stint in ministry with young adults. The intern program of my D. Min. project-along with the Kingdom story, was implemented the 2nd year. We returned to the US in June 2007 and now live in Fircrest, WA. Other teachers in Beijing have used the Kingdom Story approach/translated curriculum in now multiple settings since 2007.
I worked full time with Northwest Leadership Foundation in August ‘07 with an initiative called “City as Parish,” which invited churches to collaborate with faith/civic organizations in ministry to the poor around their neighborhoods. The initiative has an intern program and the Kingdom Story was used as part of their overall training. In that period, I helped develop a pastor’s collective in University Place where I live.
From 2009-2012, I worked with Leadership Foundations in an initiative called “City as Classroom,” exploring how the community/city of Tacoma can partner better with our universities in the shared mission of equipping college students to be lifelong and transformational leaders. My development work here was primarily focused at Pacific Lutheran University, I learned valuable lessons about working with the city/institutions at larger in this season of ministry (2001-2009)
In 2008 I came on the adjunct faculty at Bakke Graduate University to teach their OT and NT theology classes with students in the USA and around the world. I also taught the Bible Overview and Narrative Theology for Christos, a lay theology/ministry training program.
In 2012, a discernment process helped me decide to launch Kingdom Story Ministries; we believed that it was the next and natural step in my personal story and that this organization could provide some crucial resources for our local and worldwide community.